3.05.2011

Introducing Year 3: Unity

Two years ago, Chris and I moved together, and at that time we began a journey of artmaking together. We have weekly art nights where we each create a page in our art journals using the same theme or prompt. (Read more about our process here.) Last week we completed our second volume, and this week we embarked on our new journey: Year 3. (See the first volume here, and the second volume here.)

For this journal, we decided to do things a little differently. First we decided to have an over-arching theme or affirmation associated with the journal. After long consideration, we chose Unity. Second we are using a journal jar to pick our weekly prompts. He and I are both adding prompts or questions to the jar weekly and we will then draw from the jar each week to choose the prompt.

So without further ado, I introduce to you:

Year 3:Unity

u·ni·ty
n. pl. u·ni·ties
  1. The state or quality of being one; singleness.
  2. The state or quality of being in accord; harmony.


It is funny now that I am looking at the journals side by side, I noticed that we were very stereotypical with our art: his, the boy, is blue and mine, the girl is pink (although in actuality it is orange and purple!)

We used these great large binders used in boutiques for invitations and announcements to alter this year. (My mom is a manager of said boutique and they were going to toss the old books, and she thought that they would be great for art journaling—she was right!)



Getting our hands dirty during artmaking!



More images of the journals:






And of our journal jar:





2 comments:

  1. I have just found your blog. This is a wonderful idea. I long to have someone special to do art with. I look forward to seeing how your journals progress throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to share how they progress... this project with him really is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...