7.10.2010

Dinosaur Fossils

I have been doing some art booths at a local farmer's market with hands on crafts for the kids. I was browsing the internet trying to figure out an all ages activity and came across this post on how to make Dinosaur Fossils.

Now for our purposes I changed things a little bit.

First I used air dry clay. You can find the recipe here.

Second, instead of rolling out the dough and using a cookie cutter technique, I had the kids roll the dough into a ball, and then flatten out like you would a cookie using a piece of aluminum foil so they could transport it home while it was still drying:



From there we followed the rest of the directions. Imprint the clay with foliage and then the dinosaur.



And the final outcome:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...