2.23.2010

Journal Group

Last week I had the pleasure of starting an Art Journaling Art Therapy Group. It meets twice a week, and is composed of the pregnant ladies at the clinic. The hopes is that the women can journal about their pregnancy and baby, which will hopefully help with the attachment to the baby in utero!I am not sure about the ultimate goal, but I can tell you this, one of the lady's told me today it was her favorite group. That is enough for me at this point.

I have decided that I will also work in a journal during the group, so that I can help create the creative atmosphere, but also to demonstrate journaling techniques.

Here is the cover that I created today in group (You might recognize the journal from this post and instructions on how to make it can be found here):



And the inside covers, that I worked on at home (the ladies are also encouraged to take their journals with them to work):



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...