Altered Book Journal

I made progress on the altered book. I collaged the front and started making preparations on the inside pages.I loved the woman image I found (it is actually a Picasso!!)

On the inside, I used a technique (that I am sure I did not invent, but I did come to it on my own) where I crumple tissue paper and then glue it down. This gives it texture, rather than flat color. I then take watercolor and brush a wash over, it seems to collect in the creases and gives a nice vein-y effect.

I also glued down a slide sheet, with 9 pockets on it that I can collect things and stick in, and sewed the flap of the book page down, to create another pocket to collect things in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...