12.12.2010

Holiday Spirit

I have had difficulty finding the holiday spirit this year. Between working and other obligations, I have been super busy. We didn't even put up the tree this year, and at this point, we probably won't since we will be leaving to go out of town soon.

However, with the first snowfall today, I was enchanted with the holiday spirit. At least, with what the holiday means to me, which is giving. Most of our gifts this year are handmade, knits, art and handbound journals.

I wrapped the presents that I do have in the house—not with fancy paper, but with craft paper, decorated with a single evergreen branch.


And I bound nine journals for holiday gifts. I used all recycled (or discarded) papers, and the covers are made out of vinyl flooring samples. I really love how they turned out. Each one is personalized with an initial or name on the cover.






We made up small journal kits to complete the gift.






I felt like a busy elf. Now we just have some artwork to finish, and a few store-bought gifts to finish up the gift-giving.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome gifts! One of my things this year is to give home-made gifts. I love the idea of giving a blank journal with a starter kit - excellent idea, I am sure they will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to deal with the sheer busyness of holiday time. Your journal packages look joyful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your plain wrapping with the evergreen branch - it's got old fashioned charm and new green charm. The journals and kits look fabulous and what a great gift idea! Your friends are very lucky to have you playing Santa's elf! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful gift idea! I'm jealous of the receivers ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! I love giving art journal kits as gifts. It spreads my love and passion for art to others!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...