10.05.2010

October is Follower Appreciation Month

Susie over at Gathering Up Bits of the World had the grand idea of having a Follower Appreciation Month in honor of her 100th follower. I too recently had my 100th follower and was trying to think of a way to acknowledge and celebrate that... It also gives me a chance to celebrate my birthday with my virtual artist community (more to come about my birthday!) So this is perfect.


I completely agree with Susie, I love finding out that I have a new "follower" (though I am not 100% sold on the term, I guess I see you more as readers!). Finding out I have a new follower broadens my virtual artistic community, as well as lets me know that people are listening! I remember my 1st follower was Ann Somerset Miles at Journaling the Journal—that was before I even knew that there was such a thing as following. And now every time I have a new follower I love to check out their blog, and the others that they follow. Just last week I got my 100th follower Cheryl at Mandala Oasis. So Cheryl and Ann, I would love to send a little thank you to you to celebrate my 1st and 100th reader.

I am following Susie's lead, and on each Friday during October I will use the random number generator at http://www.random.org/ to pick one of my followers, and then honor them on my blog: by sharing their link and sending them a little thank you for their support.

PS. If you would like to participate in Follower Appreciation Month on your blog,  hop on over to Susie's blog and let her know!

5 comments:

  1. Kelley, I am honoured to be mentioned on your blog and will reply to your email shortly when I am back at my office computer (I can't send emails from this, my laptop). Thanks so much anyway, I truly appreciate your kindness, and love this blogging community - and your blog of course. Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We readers/followers/whatever think you are WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelley--what a generous and art-ful idea! I think you have a beautiful way of recognizing your readers (including me!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies! I appreciate all of your continued support! It means a lot to me to see read your comments, and know that you are reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this blog
    I'm Brazilian painter
    I hope you enjoy my blog

    WWW.AARTEDENEWTONAVELINO.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...