10.09.2010

Art Journal Round Robin: Erin's Journal -- Symbols

I received Erin's beautiful journal in the mail the other day, and was really excited to work in it!





At first I was going to use a quote that I found to base the journal pages on, but it wasn't doing anything for me. I had started a collage the other day in a workshop I conducted, and it was pretty meaningful for me, so I deconstructed it and reconstructed it on these journal pages. I have been discovering as of late exactly how rampant some symbols are in my artwork: the bird and the nest for example. And when doing this collage, one of the eggs became an eye, for me the eye of truth... So as I continue my journey, I will continue to learn from these symbols!









8 comments:

  1. I love the colors in your "Finding True" pages!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meant "Finding Truth" pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages! I am so honored to have you work in my journal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo I love that you let your art take you where it wants to go

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you ladies... it was a departure in the way my art has been going... but it needed to be made!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kelley
    I just had to take a peek at your pages in Erin's journal and have to say I think the pages are awesome. I agree with you. I have certain elements I always seem to connect with and often apprear in my work in one form or another. It's fasinating when you start understanding why these 'symbols' have personal meaning. They shed so much insight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Susie... these symbols are so prominent in my work, and I have yet to figure out a definitive meaning... but am beginning to put together the metaphor that they carry with them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...