6.26.2010

"Trashy" Journals

After reading this tutorial about recycling magazine pages into mixed-media canvases, I just knew that I had to make some journals using this technique. I prepared 5 signatures of 4 pages each, using the magazine method (I only used 3 pages of magazines instead of 7 so that you could fold them), and I used recycled cereal boxes for the covers and covered them with paint swatches to make the designs. I used a French Stitch binding for the book. I hope to post a tutorial on here soon as to how I made them!






6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous project! I love the idea...your journals look fabulous! Not trashy at all, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an absolutely wonderful way to create journals out of life's detritus! I've used cereal boxes and soda boxes for vision boards, but you're taking cardboard to a whole new level. Thanks for the idea--I'll test drive it in my art therapy work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ladies! I just love the idea of recycling and being more green. Why throw away this stuff and then buy a brand new journal, when I can re-purpose the trash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kelley!! I just wanted to stop in and say hi! :) You are SOOO creative - I really love your style! I really admire that you're sharing your talent and inspiring so many people! Looking forward to seeing more of your work! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...