5.09.2010

Art Journal Round Robin: My Journal

I was so excited after getting the book Re-Bound that when I joined the art journal Round Robin, I knew that my journal was going to be hand bound. I used the binding of the "gift card" journal in the book, but altered it using different materials. I had found these lottery boards at a local vintage store, and thought they would be great for the covers. The finished size is about 7" x 4".


The binding of the journal:


I used all recycled or found pages for the journal. A lot of the paper was from the Upcycle Exchange!


Here is an example of one of the page spreads. The paper on the left was out of a paper display book, and the one on the right is a woodblock printed poster.


Here is my contribution to my journal. My address and instruction card!


I was pleased with how it turned out. There is only one thing I forgot... to add a closure. So I am in the process of trying to figure out how to make that happen!

Oh and I can't forget to mention my helper!


3 comments:

  1. Very creative! Love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. and I love your helper. I miss doing round robins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! And my helper is really quite the helper. He is curious about everything that we do! There is often a tail mark in paintings, or the inevitable sheltie hair! Adds character I think!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...